-->

Coutinho ‘Frustrated’ From Injury

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Coutinho ‘Frustrated’ From Injury

Philippe Coutinho
Philippe Coutinho is hoping to return from injury in time to feature for Liverpool against Manchester City on New Year’s Eve.

Coutinho has been sidelined since sustaining an ankle injury in the victory over Sunderland in November.

Liverpool have struggled without the playmaker, losing to Bournemouth and drawing with West Ham in the Premier League. The effect his absence has on the side was discussed in winners and losers.

Scans showed that the Brazilian should expect to miss six weeks of action, but Coutinho is planning to return for a crucial clash with City on December 31.

“This is still my hope – to return for this game,” he told Liverpoolfc.com.

“The rehab is going really well. I can now walk without crutches and I am working well with the medical team. So I’m pleased with how I am recovering.

“Straight after the game, when I first saw the pictures and videos of my injury, I was a little scared,” he added.

“But after the scans, of course it was bad, but not as bad as it could have been. I am happy, as it could have been a lot worse.

“Obviously I have been very frustrated, because like any player who is injured, it is tough to watch rather than play and help the team.

“The last game was a draw and not the result we wanted, but the team still has great quality and I am certain in the next game we will come back stronger.”

Source: Football365
loading...